Our users' privacy is incredibly important to us. This document details our practices and the privacy protections and rights of our users. If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you participate in any interactive features of our services, fill out a form, request customer support, provide any contact or identifying information or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, credit card information and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our services, we automatically collect information about you sent to us from your device, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer you use to access our services, including the hardware model, and operating system and version. This helps us enhance our support of a wide range of devices and operating systems.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the reported location of your device (e.g. your IP address) each time you access or use the Service. This information is used to improve our Services, investigate possible abuse, and understand Trinket's popularity in different areas. It is not designed or intended to identify or locate individual users.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in your device memory that helps us to improve our services and your experience, see which areas and features of our services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our services or emails and to track count visits or understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
Additionally, we collect the following information about subscribers to our premium services during the process of subscription:
- Payment information, stored with a secure third party processor, for processing payment, providing billing histories, and other payment-related purposes.
For more details about how we collect information, including details about cookies and how to disable them, please see "Your Information Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
In order to provide you with access to the Service, or to provide you with better service in general, we may combine information obtained from other sources (for example, a third-party service whose application you have authorized or used to sign in) and combine that with information we collect through our services.
Information We Do Not Collect
Trinket needs to know relatively little about our users in order to provide our Service. Therefore, we do not collect sensitive information (i.e., personal information specifying medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or information specifying the sex life of the individual). We also do not need to know and do not collect current address, date of birth, legal name, gender identity, etc., all of which constitute personal information unrelated to the provision of our Service.
Trinket is not designed to store official educational records such as student grades or class enrollment.
Notwithstanding the above, the nature of plaintext code is such that users may choose to type any kind of information into the Service. Users are discouraged from entering any sensitive personal information into a computer program or other user-provided content on our site. Trinket is not responsible for sensitive information provided by users using the Service, but will not otherwise collect or store such information outside of providing the Service. Note that all usage of our Services is governed by our Terms of Service and that user-provided content that does not comply with those Terms may be removed.
Your Control Over and Access to Your Data
You have the right to access and modify your data.
You may delete all data associated with your Trinket account at any time from your account settings. This data may remain in our automated backup system for up to 30-60 days. It will not be accessed by us or restored except in extraordinary cases requiring the use of emergency database backups.
You may change the potentially personally identifiable information we collect from you, such as your display name, your username, and your email address at any time in your account settings. The prior data may remain in our automated backup system for up to 30-60 days. It will not be accessed by us or restored except in extraordinary cases requiring the use of emergency database backups.
Use of Information
We use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our services;
- Provide services you request, process transactions and to send you related information;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about news and information related to our service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services; and
- Personalize and improve our services.
By accessing and using our services, you consent to the processing and transfer of your information in and to the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With third party vendors and other service providers who need access to your information to carry out work on our behalf, such as our payment processors who handle the payment portion of your subscriptions;
- If we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- To enforce applicable user agreements or policies, including our Terms of Service;
- To protect us, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities;
- In connection with any merger, sale of Forkable, Inc. assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, provided that such successor entity provides substantially similar protections to user privacy; and
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you. Our liability in cases of any onward transfers to third parties is governed by applicable laws, our Terms of Service, and this policy.
Notwithstanding the above, Trinket will never sell user data to third parties. We sell products and services to individuals, schools, and select content partners, not our users' data.
Third Party Analytics
We take reasonable measures to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our services.
You may opt out of receiving any promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Privacy Shield Framework
Privacy Shield Contacts
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Trinket commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. European Union and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Trinket at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to address any concerns or complaints.
If we are unable to address your concerns, or they are not addressed to your satisfaction, you may contact the relevant authority for the applicable framework. Trinket commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and/or the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, as applicable, and comply with the advice given by the panel and/or Commissioner, as applicable, with regard to data transferred from the EU and/or Switzerland, as applicable.
The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over Trinket’s compliance with the Privacy Shield. In some cases, individuals have the right to invoke binding arbitration regarding Privacy Shield compliance complaints not resolved by any of the other Privacy Shield mechanisms. Learn more about this here.
Your California Privacy Rights
We will not share your information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. That said, California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com. However, please note that under the law, Services such as ours that permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing are not required to provide such information upon receiving a request, but rather may respond by notifying the user of his or her right to prevent the disclosure. To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not share your information with third parties for direct marketing purposes.